Mozart and friends
26. September 2020 at 17:00
Church of the Holy Trinity
The Austrian organist Martin Alexander Strommer and the violin duo Katarína Veselská and Pavol Varga will perform at the concert as part of the “Silberbauer’s Musical Podyjí” festival. Introduces the classical violin repertoire.
The concert takes place as part of the Czech-Austrian International Music Festival “Silberbauer’s Musical Podyjí”. The festival takes the name of Baroque organ builder from Znojmo, who worked in the Podyjí / Thayatal region. The festival’s mission is to contribute to the rediscovery of his name to the general public in South Moravia and Lower Austria.
- Martin Alexander Strommer (AT) – organ
- Katarína Veselská (SK) – violin
- Pavol Varga (SK) – violin
The Church of the Holy Trinity is a Roman Catholic church in the town of Drnholec, district Breclav. The late Baroque building designed by architect František Antonín Grimm was built in 1750-1757. It replaced an older Gothic church, subsequently rebuilt as a rectory. The church serves as the parish church of the Drnholec parish and is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. The church is a single-nave oriented building with a cross plan, with a rectangular nave slightly widened by short arms on the sides. The eastern side of the nave is enclosed by a segmental chancel, flanked by quadrilateral sacristy and chapel buildings, with oratories on the first floor. The western part of the nave is enclosed by a front with the main entrance, flanked by a double tower with belfries. The façade of the west front is covered by pilasters bearing a buttress topped by a triangular gable. Above the entrance portal is a balcony window. Other windows are broken in the sidewalls of the nave and in the chancel. The facades of the church are divided by corner lysens. A massive dividing cornice encircles the building at the roof level. The main altar of the church is contemporary, with sculptural decoration by Ondřej Schweigl. In the middle of the altar is a painting of the Holy Trinity by Josef Stern, with statues of Sts. Cyril and Methodius are on either side. In the nave, there are two opposite retabular altars with paintings by Josef Stern. The front pulpit, baptismal font and organ case are also original. In the towers hangs a large bell from 1829, and two smaller bells from 1919.Back to all Concerts