Děti a hudba III.

7. October 2023 at 18:00
klášterní kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie a sv. Václava


  • ZUŠ Mikulov
  • ZUŠ Pohořelice
  • ZUŠ Veselá škola Praha 1
  • Musikschule Waidhofen an der Thaya


Vstupné dobrovolné


The original Romanesque chapel may have been built as early as the middle of the 11th century. Prince Conrad Ota and his mother Mary founded a Premonstratensian monastery near this chapel in 1190. This monastery became one of the most important in Moravia and had an important position in the history of Znojmo. Only three portals, the lower part of the apse and the large Romanesque crypt, which is divided into two naves by six pillars, have been preserved from the original abbey church, which was built in Romanesque style as a three-nave basilica. The church combines elements of various building styles, from the Romanesque to the Baroque. It was destroyed during the Hussite Wars in 1425, but was subsequently rebuilt. There are remains of a cloister from the second half of the 15th century. Further alterations were made in the 16th and 17th centuries, of which the Renaissance chapel of St. Sebastian, located above the sacristy and with an altar dating from 1580, is significant. Today the church is built in Baroque style from the second half of the 17th century. Prokop Diviš, the inventor of the first grounded lightning conductor, also worked in the monastery in Louka.

Back to all Concerts